Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Dunkeld exhibition/framing prints and NHS and body shapes


Hello lovely's Ive not updated blogger or Deviantart for a little while because Ive been running around nearly every day doing something. 

The Dunkeld  exhibition will be accepting work in the next couple of weeks so i was away getting prints done professionally.

Ive to pick them up this friday and im very excited to see some of my work framed and mounted professionally. The prices of the framing place were very reasonable also they seem like a lovely bunch and i would recommend them to anyone wanting to get their stuff framed/mounted.

 
 
Got these at the shop, its all their spare card for super cheap Im going to make new work and start some new portfolio work with it!
 
The framing place and exhibition were recommended to me by the lovely people at the Cumbernauld Cultural forum. Their doing another exhibition in a few months time and want me to enter again as well yay another exhibition!

 
Ive also been running around applying for jobs funnily enough one is the exact framing place i went to but in Stirling. I saw a careers adviser recently and she was so nice and helpful. She recommended i apply and look for work in art galleries and art stores. I have done in the past but it wasn't successful so im looking even into volunteer work now to.
 
 
 m maybe getting a volunteer job at this beautiful mansion house but Im visiting the place tomorrow to see how it is there and how things will go.

OH! I also went to a student art show at the art uni in Dundee and it was wonderful illustration seems a very promising course. Fine art was amazing as well but i can find it hard to grasp some comtempory art as beautiful as it can be. Their was some amazing kids there and they inspired me a lot and i dont make uni seem like such a scary/restricted place. 
 
 Ill have to follow some of the artists and show you how cool they are!

Been at the dentist a lot recently which hurt but it will be good in the end and ill have a nice cheesy grin (without the cheese). 
 
 Was at the doctors as well and i have gotten a lot better since what happened. 
I still got a letter asking if i want to see a councilor and i have still been considering it but i dont really know if it will help now. 
 My doctor was impressed with how better ive gotten on my own and he was so sorry that it took so long. 
It was a lot to do with NHS cut backs and positions of the psychology/councilours in the profession and where they should be put and who they should treat. It was just unfortunate that i asked for help/needed help during this time.
I cant help but feel sorry for people in a worse position than me with mental illness/medication or even worse outside problems during that time and that it might of been to late for them.
 
 I hope to get some new work out again this weekend and i want to catch up with fellow online artists/friends and get the ball rolling with some collabs. 
I dont want people to think im a time waster or messing around cause doing art and doing art with others is something i want to do my whole life and i would be crazy to miss those chances with people.

I hope to add more to my Esty as well it has been neglecting to much! ;n;
 
Also i want to set something i feel ive not explained anywhere, this blog is for my personal entries about general/fun/personal/helpful things in life and my art.
 
My other blog is more of an art archive that shows all my work I'm doing and working on. You can find that HERE and at the right hand side of these entries.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Since all the serious stuff is out of the way ill end the blog with some fun little musings of my interests and finds!

A lovely of mine found this camera and gave it to me oh what a find! Ive became so interested in old trinkets and i want to try and take pictures with this as soon as! Its a 1940s Brownie camera it is older than my Dad! You can still get film for it and we opened it up and fixed and cleaned the amazing lenses inside. If anyone knows anything or anyone who knows about old cameras feel free to add your info on this treasure.
 

Here is some beautiful music i must share with you...
 
 




Ive also been interested in body shapes and how they work with clothes. I sometimes find i can never decide to what to wear in the morning or what clothes suite my frame. And im all very for every girl/guy liking who she is and her own body and we all worry about how we look and what we wear from time to time.

So instead of worrying about my skin/hair/weight etc. I looked into my body shape and type and its helped so much on what i choose what i buy for my figure and what suites me best. Ive also funnily enough noticed its helped me with drawing anatomy

 
My body type is that of a cornet lol! Im an ice cream! Well it actually means I have broad shoulders which is the widest part of my body with small bust and small hips. Which is usually a boyish/athletic body shape so it can be difficult to look womanly or curvy. But certain clothes can make me look curvier or more womanly if i do so wish and for comfort. And the colour of clothes can depend on your skin tone or parts of body you wish to flaunt.

What body type do you think you are and what sorta clothes do you like?


I do so hope to catch up with you all very soon and i read/watch/look at all your gorgeous work and musings. 
<3

3 comments:

  1. Debz,

    I am so excited that you are spinning out such lovely new works and are planning for more! I have been in such a funk lately that I have not produced ANYTHING. I call myself an artist but I just don't know anymore...I really just got to force myself to do it everyday like I used to.

    I am also looking for another job. Hopefully I can find one for full time because I need to find my own place. My family does not want me around much anymore :( I guess it is time to leave the nest anyways. As scared as I am I know I will be ok.

    Good luck with submitting work to the art show! I am sure some of your pieces will be selected :3

    *Star <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Starlen my sweet is so good to hear from you!

    I cant seem to get much peace to do more work things keep popping up lol! But im hopeing to revamp my blogging and make more accounts in other places.

    I think every artist goes through that stage of not being able to draw it is a sad and cruel thing. If it helps im thinking of adding tips and inspiration to my blog. Or maybe you and me and others could do a collab over the summer!

    Good luck with the job hunting, Im sorry to hear about your family like that. My family can be troublesome to and i do to wish to leave the nest.

    thank you so much dear <3 all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a way to get that photo with all the shapes any larger? The type is too small to read. Thanks! Great site :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...