Monday, 30 August 2010

New work and news as the little flower in my heart gets more light

Found many old pieces of work and little secret beautys i forgot i had or they were hidden in the mountains of work ive did over the years. I decided to start decorating my room with them to be reminders and fill my mind and heart with dreams and hope. It will also inspire myself in small ways to keep trying and to keep trying to make my skills better as a creative person. I will keep adding to the white canvas walls as time goes on.




Above are various things Ive collected and made for the past years the earliest being when i was 10, the masks were made for a project in my old college. Their is more but their the only ones that were the easiest to put up on the wall. I also made the ink trees that are beside my mirror now aswell earlier last year.

Ive also began to start framing and printing my most recent style and works for my wall, its a strange feeling to see work framed and on a wall. I hope it grows on me.



Ive been experimenting with matte paper and printing out my paintings to try out different sizes and types its been very exciting.


I also finally went to a printing place and got some of my prints done to about A3 size as tests with different medias ive created work with. My heart was filled with love seeing my work at a larger scale and to a beautiful finish. Ive never did this with my work before it made me very happy. I plan to go back and get further pieces printed.

I went and found these frames and bought at least 5 of them because they were cheap, i never knew i could fall in love with frames. I adore them and im going to keep one for myself for my room to put beautiful things in.

Ive did all this because it is practice and preperation for the exhibition thats coming up in September, im going to experiment with boarders in photoshop and the frame. I hope i wont be so indescesive about picking the final ones. I do also hope to finally have things for my Esty shop aswell and maybe spare prints of my work would be valuable for someone to give them love.




I also got some lovely dollies i hope to make precious things with them and their also part of my ideas on how i want to present work at the exhibition. 


Been working on many things here and there with different medias that i missed a lot, i seem to be a mixed media artist at heart. This has been this way since i ran away from doing digital media in art software such as photoshop and illustrator. Im not afraid to use them and i still do use them here and there but theirs something just so satisfying about using media rawly with my fingers.

 Spooky cute
A little bigger than 8x10
Poster paint
Watercolour
Sharpie 
Their was a spare bit of cardboard laying around and i couldnt help but feel i should make something from it. I made this little scene because i had the erge to do something simple and sweet. Ive never used sharpie before either was interesting and headachy.


Tribute to Poe
8x10
Paper collage with a copy of the Raven printed
Ink
Cardboard
Button
Beads
White mesh tape (reminds me of spider web i love it so)
Old Frame

I found an old frame that had a cardboard backing that has been laying around the house for a long time. I found some print outs of the raven laying around aswell which sparked this. Edgar Allan Poe inspires me greatly i don't mind admiting tho ive not read every single thing hes done. But the ones i have read have actually filled me with fright and make me hold my breath incase it gets stolen. I have never read any other words/books that have been capable of making me feel this way and i admire him deeply because of this.

I do feel this piece maybe lacking something tho, im unsure what to add to it. What do you think?
Here is also a lovely website all about Mr Poe
(Pretty pretty pretty)
I have been working on some paintings aswell and also exploring the woods here and there and wearing pretty sensible things to lift my spirits about myself as a female.


Bird lady
8x10
Ink
Watercolour
Acrylic

This piece is quite old and i kept forgetting to post it.


Apple Poison
8x10
Watercolour
pen

I wanted to do a simple piece with simple colours and line, Im somehow fond of this style and image maybe cause i just did it without thinking about it. i cant deny that this piece must of been inspired by certain styles and other artists that ive been looking at lately. Especially random ones on deviantart. I wanted to do something delicate and refined.


This is a piece ive started but i will go back to it in time.

Im going to a job fair in town next week aswell i hope this goes well and to do somemore prints. Things will be strange not going back to college this time. Maybe more education in the future but not now.

Also before i go I must say i forgot how much i love the fashion designers Viktor and Rolf and their beautifuly twisted ideas and designs. If i ever wanted to get into the fashion industry i know i would want to create like them.





Im also getting a little sad about how my blogs look, i would like to maybe change or add things to their appearances. Do you like the way they look now? or should i change them? change the music?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...