Monday, 2 August 2010

Dirty sea shells and small artistic progress


I did make a trip to the beach, as unglamourious and dull as it can be in Scotland. But its was nice to walk about near water and the atmosphere. Cant help but love little beach houses and towns simple things make me happpy. Was nice for my family to do and go somewhere different aswell.


We went to a couple of other beaches aswell but cause the tide was in their was many places to go or space. My doggie enjoyed it a lot tho must be all the wonderful things he can see and smell. Collected shells and did some exploring.


Interesting little house we found.


Hoard of shells we collected i still need to wash them and thinkin about using them for some art projects. Theirs a tiny little Crab in there too, used shells and Crabs in the past for art projects aswell as sand.

The summer is starting to become a blur and i dont know how i feel about that, I used to remember things quite clearly. But now i have trouble remembering what day it is or what i did at the start of a week.

I did do some shopping tho, first ive bought anything in months. I got some art materials and went exploring for bargains and the sales.


I got new paint brushes and they came with a carrying case thats made of this really soft material and a doll making kit. Im planning to start trying to make dolls and puppets but creative mood and other projects keep popping up. I aslo got some watercolour boards aswell to try them out because im wanting to work on bigger scales and expand my skills.

I have been working on a painting with various media, its taking its time because im being very picky with it and adding to it. Ill hopefully be finished it in the next couple of days or so. Im aslo needing to go through all of my work to decide images for the exhibition, ive never did one before so im quite nervous.

I also will have to take my work to a printing place and ive never did this before so im afraid ill make a fool of myself and ask the wrong things i need or where to go. Theres so much i want to do and try but im always unsure of how to start or how to make something small bigger and better. Esepcially when it comes to putting art out into the world of the internet.

Im happier with how i feel about creating tho, been creating on what makes me happy tho and not what others think or want.


I made this little card for my niece's birthday tomorrow shes going to be 3 years old. My typography is awful but hopefully the little bunny having a picnic will make up for it.

Been finding a lot of media and materials ive had for a long time and been making little things here and there from them. Maybe the tiny medias will forgive me for making them be lonely and dusty.


Found a pink ribbon and attatched it to a hairband i have. Im not very skilled or amazing at these sort of things as most people i see everyday on the web. But decided to start making my own accessories and such for myself since i have the materials but not the money.

I know it might seem trivial and materialistic but im pushing my skills to see what i can do with little resources so guess im testing myself and making things because it makes me feel good. Been inspired lately by fashion blogs aswell which i might have a go at myself and see where it takes me.
Im not afraid to expand my artistic needs and concepts.

Should probably change thigs blog or make it more interesting looking not sure what to do tho or if simple is the best option.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...