Saturday, 24 April 2010

Rosy Cheeks




~I dont know...what happened...~




~I would run along the river bank and catch frogs, tagpoles, and the tiniest of fishes in my hope jars~


~The big fish that no one ever saw only hear would splash in the water when i would walk along the bridge~


~I would lightly step on the cobble road up to the cosy cottage between the trees~


~The smell of the earth, dogs and the wet stones enriched a childs senses just as much as a child dreams~


~We would sit on the softest of rugs in the warmest of rooms and listen to your soft voice and the dim clatter of tea cups~


~Pixie would jump up and be excited and i would pet her fur that was like a dandelion~


~Buster would sit in the chair, his chair, and would growl at everyone if you got near the chair, his son was beautiful and kept us happy for many years~


~The trampoline under the apple tree would be covered in fruit and would jump with me in delight~


~I would visit the young ones who would make tiny yelps and wriggles against my feet with ocean sized plates filled with mixed sweet milk~


~It was bliss, it was unreal, it was like all a dream that i took for granted as a child would~


~You gave us presents and friends that we will always treasure, im sorry i did'nt do much or enough~


~You make me feel beautiful and young again and that how much of me is because of you~


~I still remember the day i got the news like it happened a second ago, it just got worse from there somehow~


~I still wear pretty girl dresses and feel small like a doll to everything, it did'nt matter that my hips got wider or that i got taller and thin like a tree~


~I still remember everything and always will no matter what, where, who, see, hear, feel, taste, smell, sense, in life as me~




...I just read what i wrote and wept...


(i wrote this last year about a time and place i cant have back)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so beautiful and sad at the same time......
    i don't know what to say... i felt like crying myself after reading this...
    baaah i wish i was there so i could at least give you a comforting shoulder...
    i hope you are okay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh im sorry if i made you upset or worried <3 i appreciate it so much that you wanted to comfort me and be there for me that means a great deal to me <3

    Im glad that you found it beautiful thats a huge compliment.

    It was mostly about when i would visit my Gran when i was very young. The words are about where she lived and what i experienced there. It was a truley wonderful time and place in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...