Thursday, 10 December 2009

Stop Motion makes me smile

Oh how i love stop motion animation, it never ceases to amaze me and make me have my full attention constantly. Also the amount of work thats put into it and that i get amazed at how its a medium thats overlooked these days. Yet quite a while ago during WW1/WW2 era it was used a great deal and impressively usually only made by one person.




The wolf and the seven kids was one of my favourite stories as a kid, and also would scare me espcially when the wolf would come into the house and gobble up the tiny goats. I suspose it was suspose to teach you not to trust strangers but in my experience you should'nt trust people you you know or at least think you do.



I had never heard of this story but i enjoyed it a great deal and the amount of detail in the puppets and backgrounds impressed me.



This is a very surreal animation of the story of the Pied Piper its very disturbing, unusual and does'nt actually use any real language. I found it very striking because it looks as if the puppets and the scenes are all made from wood or somesort of related matrial but at the same time not. I love how everything is twisted and raw and i surely know if i was still young i would be hiding behind the couch in fear.



This film has a special place in my heart i grew up watching it as a child, i adore Mark Twains wisdom and common sense. I like to beleave his theories on Adam and Eve even if it may or not be true, he just knows how to put it all in a more realistic sense if beings were created, how they would think a and feel and behave.
Also the part when they discuss who should die first makes me weep everytime.





This is the most recent Stop motion film i have seen, I love it very much the Tree dwellers stole my heart with their mannerisms and movements. Its a beautiful and thoughtful new kind of fairy tale for adults which i think is a genius concept on its own. The viewer may not understand fully what its about because a lot of it is metaphors but the beauty of it inspires me greatly.

I still have many more stop motion films to watch and get back to, been sort of a busy bee and emotionally stressed to enjoy alot of art to its full or have the energy. Hopefully this christmas holiday will be fruitful.
The Puppets melt my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...